Thursday, 3 July 2014

{Review} Ed Sheeran - x (The New Album)

via mtv

Ed Sheeran published his new album on 23 June and since then I can't stop listening to it.
He already uploaded some songs on his Youtube Channel and I had already heard his single Sing, about which I wrote a blog post.
I was really stoked and couldn't wait until the album was out. I'm a big fan and I think he is a really talented artist. Ed Sheeran is writing his own songs, he is playing them on his guitar and his voice is perfect. All his songs have a message and they are catchy and stay in our head.

 

Tracklist

“One”
“I’m a Mess”
“Sing”
“Don’t”
“Nina”
“Photograph”
“Bloodstream”
“Tenerife Sea”
“Runaway”
“The Man”
“Thinking Out Loud”
“Afire Love”
“Take It Back” (Bonus track)
“Shirtsleeves” (Bonus track)
“Even My Dad Does Sometimes” (Bonus track)
“I See Fire” (Bonus track)


via billboard

Choosing a favourite songs is really difficult.
Afire Love gets me every time. The last part is so beautiful.
And my father and all of my family
Rise from the seats to sing hallelujah

In Take It Back he is rapping and singing about his life. Ed shows that he isn't only a singer, no he can also rap.
I'm not a rapper; I'm a singer with a flow
I've got a habit of spitting
quicker lyrics you know

Thinking Out Loud is a slow song, where he's singing about his love. He will love her until they are 70.
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

About Photograph. I love that you can hear the guitar so well. I personally prefer acoustic versions of songs.
You can fit me,
Inside the necklace you bought when you were sixteen.
Next to your heartbeat where I should be,
Keep it deep within your soul.

People still puzzle over Don't. There are rumours that it's about Ed and Ellie Goulding, who hooked up with Niall Horan and now he is heartbroken. Nobody really knows if it's true. I still love the song and for me it doesn't really matter.
She was crying on my shoulder
I already told you
Trust and respect is what we do this for
I never intended to be next
But you didn't need to to take him to bed, that's all
And I never saw him as a threat
Until you disappeared with him to have sex of course
Its not like we were both on tour
We were staying on the same fucking hotel floor

Nina is an other song I really like. It starts with a piano solo and then Ed starts playing his guitar.
You should go Nina
'Cause I ain't never coming home
In a road, won't you leave me now
And I've been living on the road Nina

via warnermusic
As you can see that I like a lot of songs. This aren't all I love, there are much more. 
If you are interested in the album now you can check out the links below.
Website: http://www.edsheeran.com/splash/x-outnow-row
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/x-deluxe-edition/id858512800
Ed's Twitter: https://twitter.com/edsheeran
Ed's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EdSheeranMusic
Ed's Instagram: http://instagram.com/teddysphotos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read all of them.

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC