Thursday, 17 April 2014

DIY: Coloring Easter Eggs

_MG_6380

Today I wanna show you how you can colour your own Easter eggs. Most people buy them, also if it's really easy to colour them. You don't need a lot and you don't have to spend a lot of money. We dye our eggs always by ourselves and every one looks different at the end.
So I hope you enjoy my first DIY and hopefully it helps you. If you try it out, I would love to see your eggs. Make a picture, put it on instagram or twitter and tag me :) (Twitter: @littledaydreame Instagram: @thelittledxydreamer)

_MG_6379

You need:
  • Hard-boiled eggs
  • egg dyes
  • flowers
  • onionskin (cutted in little pieces)
  • vinegar
  • water
  • stocking 
  • thread
  • a scissor and a spoon

Step 1:
Take your eggs and make them wet. Now you can put on what you want. Flowers, onionskin...

_MG_6369

Step 2:
Wrap it into a piece of stocking and put a piece of thread over it, so nothing can get out.

_MG_6370

Step 3:
For the next step you have to follow the instructions of your egg dyes. I had to put 1/4 liter boiled water into a container. Then I put 3 tablespoons and the colour into the water.

Step 4:
Put the eggs into the colour and wait. I waited for 10 to 15 minutes. The instructions said 'wait 7 minutes' but you can leave it in longer for a darker hue.

Step 5:
Put the eggs out and wait a little bit. Then remove the stocking and all the flowers. Act carefully! You can remove the flowers also when the colour dried.

You can also try to mix the colours. I haven't done it before but the eggs turned out very beautiful.

_MG_6371

_MG_6374

_MG_6377 _MG_6382




Unterschrift Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I read all of them.

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC